BOOK REVIEW: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

1:49 AM

I saw this book in National Bookstore in Cubao and I was hooked on what the cover says " Why I spent a year trying to sing in the morning, Clean my Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and generally have more fun" and I said to myself "I NEED THIS" I want to know how Gretchen Rubin do her Happiness Project.


First of all I don't regret buying this book, I love how Gretchen written this book to make the readers relate to each situation and how she make her own commandments for this project. I also praise her for making some research from notable people who also study the theory of happiness and reflect this to her own project. I found this book inspiring on how I will improve my life and my interaction with other people. 

BUT she tackles some situation wherein she applies one of her commandments and sometimes I doubted some of it because I think she is not being "Gretchen" which is her number 1 commandment, "Be Gretchen" but on the other hand maybe she is trying to apply some of her commandments if it will work. I also love that she tackles about Money, organization, friends, work and her family (which is one of the funny situation in the book). I like her outlook over money and happiness which I thought she will also say "that money can't buy us happiness" like Jessy J. implies on her song. I also love reading all the quotes about happiness from philosophers and authors. 

One of the exciting part in the book is the list of "the secrets of adulthood" which is interesting to read specially i am near to the adulthood age. One of my officemate which is in the adulthood age range read the "Secret of adulthood" and he really relates to the list and he said that he also experienced some of it.

One of my favorite quote in the book:


Overall I want to rate this book as yellow succulent which means its a "GOOD BOOK" 


I want to hear you opinion about this book if you have read it! buy leaving a comment down below.

Have a nice day and Happy reading!



You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Instagram

Popular Posts

StatCounter