BOOK REVIEW: GIRL IN PIECES by Kathleen Glasgow

5:28 AM

Girl In Pieces Kathleen Glasgow book review



Novel Description:




Charlotte Davis is in pieces. At seventeen she’s already lost more than most people do in a lifetime. But she’s learned how to forget. The broken glass washes away the sorrow until there is nothing but calm. You don’t have to think about your father and the river. Your best friend, who is gone forever. Or your mother, who has nothing left to give you.



Every new scar hardens Charlie’s heart just a little more, yet it still hurts so much. It hurts enough to not care anymore, which is sometimes what has to happen before you can find your way back from the edge.
A deeply moving portrait of a girl in a world that owes her nothing, and has taken so much, and the journey she undergoes to put herself back together. Kathleen Glasgow’s debut is heart breakingly real and unflinchingly honest. It’s a story you won’t be able to look away from.
Charlotte "Charlie" Davis is the symbolism of girls who have been abused physically, emotionally and mentally. Personally I don't experience "Self-harmed" I am lucky enough to have a good life surrounded by good people and that's what I realized while reading this novel. It is about a girl named Charlotte who experienced different struggles in life and thinking that all of her problem/ dirt that she feels inside will release by cutting her own skin. As she go along her journey to a new life she will meet people with the same experience and problem, people who will hurt her again, and people who will help her. It is an honest story about reality in life. 



I don't want to spoil you guys, because this novel is "absolutely,positively, fucking angelic" and worth to read. This is one of the novel that makes me cry, I don't know why but I feel Charlie's struggles in life, I also think that she is one of the relatable character. It is easy to read and well written. I also want to applaud Ms.Kathleen Glasgow for researching about this kind of psychological problem. But..... I think the ending needs to have a second book? I don't know, I want to know what happened next to Charlie as she flew to the next chapter of her life. This is how I love this book, that I want a part two of Charlotte's story.

If this will be a movie I think Charlotte Davis looks like this (I imagine her like this):

Overall this is a MUST READ book definitely one of the book that I love for 2016.


If you have read this novel, Share your thoughts about it by leaving a comment below!

Happy Reading!


You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Instagram

Popular Posts

StatCounter